Monday, March 17, 2008

Gardy Hate

I've often been accused of unreasonable hate for Ron Gardenhire. I will not deny that some of his judgement calls often confuse me, occasionally to the point of bewilderment, but saying I "hate" him is taking it too far. I simply disagree with several of his managerial decisions, whether it be leaving Nathan in for a 3rd inning against the heart of a thunderous Yankee's lineup, despite not pitching more than 1-2 innings all year, or playing Nick Punto through all of 2007 hoping to regain his 2006 form even though, with minimal research, you can find that, throughout his career, 2007 was closer to the norm than 2006. Jesus--you really need to try to get a 52 OPS+. Gardy seems like a nice guy. I always want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but then he goes and says stuff like this.

"Kubel will be in there every once and a while." --Ron Gardenhire

What's he talking about Kubel being in? The whirlpool? The outfield? No my friends, gardy means the lineup. That's right. Gardy is thinking that Kubel should only be in the lineup "every once in a while."

"Every (chains) once (handcuffs) in (straight jacket) a (zip ties), while (jail cell)."

FREE JASON KUBEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a related note pertaining to Gardy's...umm...wisdom:

Livan Hernandez, he of declining skills, a deadly, mid-80s fastball, and a 9.69 ERA to go along with a 2.00+ WHIP this spring, is going to be our opening day starter.

May God help us all.

1 comment:

Ron Washington DC said...

Gardy confuses me only once in a while. I believe he manages not for short term success but he coaches for long term success. There has got to be more to Kubel that we don't know - this is Faith in Gardy. Agreed Livan has nothing left in the basement. Gardy gets 120% out of 80%